How To Clean The Instrument
One of the unique design features of EnSURE™ Touch is the ability to easily access the read chamber for cleaning. Hygiena instruments are some of the only systems that have this important design feature. With all luminometers, if used correctly, no contamination should enter the read chamber. However, user error or the environment in which systems are used makes a contaminated read chamber a possibility
- Cleaning cloth
- Distilled or deionized water
- 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Cotton Swab
- Hex key or any sort of tool compatible to open the EnSURE Touch’s bottom cap
- Completely power off your EnSURE Touch by holding the power button for at least 1 second until a prompt appears on the screen. Then select “Power Off”.
- If your EnSURE Touch has a Protective Cover (shown below), remove it by carefully prying the unit from the bottom and working your way toward the top. Once removed, wipe the Protective Cover with a cleaning cloth damped with 70% isopropyl alcohol. Set the Protective Cover aside and allow it to dry.
- Remove the chamber cap from the bottom of the EnSURE ™ Touch with the hex key tool supplied inside the EnSURE Touch box. If the tool is lost, a coin (such as a quarter) or a flathead screwdriver will also work. Once the chamber cap has been removed, this should expose the read chamber (shown below).
- Dampen a cotton swab with distilled water or isopropyl alcohol. With the damp cotton swab, gently swab the inside of the read chamber ensuring that no debris is blocking the reading window.
- Obtain another cotton swab dampened with water or isopropyl alcohol and clean from the opposite side of the reading chamber.
- Dampen a cleaning cloth with water or isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the surrounding surface of the EnSURE Touch.
- Allow the EnSURE Touch to completely dry.
- Reinstall the cap at the bottom of the EnSURE Touch and make sure to tighten it until it is completely flush with the EnSURE Touch. Avoid overtightening the cap.
- Reinstall the Protective Cover by inserting the top portion of EnSURE Touch where the power button is into the top of the case before inserting the bottom half.
- The EnSURE Touch should now be ready to use. Press the power button once to power on the unit.